Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Mainely Painters at the Wentworth Greenhouse

Yesterday, with my Plein air painting group, I painted at the Wentworth Greenhouse in Rollinsford New Hampshire. I love this group. We talk, we eat and we paint. Mostly in that order.

 The Wentworth Greenhouse–what a great place to paint on a cold winter afternoon! The greenhouse set up tables and chairs for us to use and we were told we could pick out and move any plants that inspired us. Of course I must of spent an hour just looking around. I finally settled on this ponytail plant. I spent just a short time sketching and not too much time on the painting itself. When I got home and looked at the painting, I thought it was very bland, too pastel and uninteresting.

This morning I added some darks and detail on the table and I think it works much better. This is a small, 8X10.5 painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment