Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Carrot Soup

OK today I am working on my carrot soup recipe again. Oh and let me just insert a little warning here to any one that likes to fool around with recipes–beware of white pepper.
So anyway my first batch was too spicy but it did lead to this sketch of hot fiery carrots. Plus I was also playing around with the contrast between colored pencil and gel pens.
So the soup is now simmering. Soon I will blend the carrots with my new immersion blender I got for Christmas.
The Ingredients:
2 T. Earth Balance
1 cup onion
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup ginger
1 T line zest plus 1 T line juice
6 cups carrots
2 cups OJ
2 cups water
1/4 t white pepper
1/2 t cinnamon
1t coriander
1t cumin
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1/2 t chili powder
1 c almond milk
1/2 cup chopped cilantro

OK I will blend the soup once the carrots are soft then add the almond milk and cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment