Sunday, October 10, 2010

Stepping Back

So yesterday, taking advantage of the sunny conditions, I spent the day photographing a bunch of paintings for my website. One of the painting was an old oil painting I started when I was 18 or 19 years old. Typical "me" fashion, I never finished it. I remember feeling stuck at the time.

I've learned a few interesting things about myself and the importance of understanding preservation methods. (This old painting is chipping a peeling like crazy) Now, my only hope of preserving this painting is a digital photo.
From old oil painting
From Yupo Series 2009
From Yupo Series 2009













One of the things that struck me the most when I saw this old painting again is the similarity between the plant life that I painted then to what I paint/draw today.

Hummm! Maybe I'm onto discovering something about my style.

No comments:

Post a Comment